My gecko is not pooping

Gabo864

Hey I everyone

I've had my gecko for about a month and I'm still learning. I've been feeding him Pangea mix, and crickets with calcium powder every other day. I've seen him pooping before only twice, but the last couple days that I've taken him out of his habitat he's gotten on this position looking kinda like he's about to poop, but only a white liquid comes out, then he turns around and licks it clean. I've been kind of worried that he's having a hard time pooping or maybe sick. What should I do?

Also, he would usually sleep all day and then be more active at night, but lately he's not even active at night, he's always sleeping, today I took him out cuz I wanted to change his food and he got on the position mentioned before, I was hoping he was gonna poop this time, but he didn't, He did that white liquid again, then I put him back in his habitat and then 10 minutes later when I came back he was back in the spot where he likes to sleep and he was getting ready to sleep again. I don't mind him sleeping lol I'm just worried he's sick or something. Any advice? Thanks..

Gabo864

Whats your set up like and is this a leo or a crestie?

He's a crested gecko, about a year old.

Here is a pic of his set up, I'm planning on adding more plants and also I just sprayed it. I spray his habitat twice a day, and change his food daily, I feed him crickets with calcium twice a week, and always keep fresh water for him. No matter where I put him he always goes back to that corner where he likes to sleep all day. Any advice?

PS sorry I just realize the picture is sideways, I'm not sure how to change it on the forum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 34

crazylizardlady

I would switch out the substrate to paper towel until he gets a bit bigger. The really small ones can get impacted pretty easily. Its possible that hes pooping and you just arent seeing it because its so small. Does his belly look normal still soft and everything?

Visit our friends