My girl stopped eating.

LeosForLess

Well this isnt that serious, she lost about 5 grams, but shes still growing. Shes a super giant, 61 grams and about 9 3/4 inches. She will eat waxies, but wont touch mealies. Before i do the smearing thing and the slurry and all that, im going t to try supers. If the supers dont work i want to try to get her to stop ovulating(which im almost sure is why she refuses to eat.) I tried lowering light period, dropping temps for a few days and raisin them and that didnt work. How should i go about making her stop ovulating? She is also about 10 months old.

KelliH

How should i go about making her stop ovulating? She is also about 10 months old.

Well, you can do one of three things. You can go ahead and breed her (that's what I would do). Or, you can try keeping her fairly cool for a couple of weeks and see if that makes her stop. Or you can just let her go ahead an cycle, and when she is finished she will start feeding well again.

LeosForLess

Would yo uocnsider her a supe rgiant? She was bred from 105 gram female to 130 gram male from Shawn Aubrey.

T

TheHiddenGecko

If Paul were to breed her right now, wouldn't that stunt her growth? Right now she seems a little small for a super giant.

nwheat

I've had some issues similar to this as well. I'm with Kelli, I'd go ahead and breed her. I recently learned that when females resorb their eggs, they deposit cholesterol all over their bodies. Normally, this may not be a very big deal, but it can have very bad consequences if cholesterol levels are already high.

LeosForLess

Well she eatz crickets! I put sum in with her and i left came back and they were gone! I thought they escaped but i gave her about 10 more and she ate them! Thanks for all the help guys!

T

TheHiddenGecko

My giant had a very similar problem. The only thing she would eat was supers. Now the only thing she wants is crickets and she won't touch the supers.

Visit our friends