My hotties

Heather

"Special Edition"
WC prairie that we got two weeks ago:

100_0413.jpg

Western Diamondback :

0168.jpg

My pair of puff adders. These pics are when I first got them, they are like double the size now.

4805.jpg

4807.jpg

Gaboon Viper:

100_0277.jpg

100_0279.jpg

And I also have a pygmy rattler but I can't seem to find a pic of her.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
The gaboon is gorgeous... I mean, they're all pretty, but gaboons just naturally exude awesomeness.

I'm so glad I live in a place where hotties are not allowed, so I don't have to war inside myself to not buy one.

jfreels

I don't know anything about keeping hots, but how come they shouldn't be in glass vivs? I'm just curious.

Heather

"Special Edition"
I believe its because of the screen lids. Not really the best type of protection if the happen to strike up at you. The venom can sling at you.

I do house my prairie and pygmy in glass aquariums, but they have custom built wood tops. All my others are housed in custom built enclosures.

rickmoss95

for one the security is not very good, plus a front sliding glass door makes it easier to hook and manage the animal safer. and coming in overtop a venomous snake(most snakes for that matter) puts them in a more deffensive mode. they seem to be less aggressive coming in strait from the front or side, in my experience. another plus is when feeding, you can slide the glass open just enough to get the tongs in and use the glass as a shield.

contracteryin

Shakawkawkaw
The only venomous snake I have any interest in having one day is a Gaboon Viper, but that for sure wouldn't be anytime soon. They're such beautiful snakes, yet so deadly xD

NinjaDuo

Lol I don't get it.... I would never risk a diamond back getting loose in my house. No joke, after seeing a 8 ft diamond back I acquired a phobia of all rattlers...

Alex G

Lol I don't get it.... I would never risk a diamond back getting loose in my house. No joke, after seeing a 8 ft diamond back I acquired a phobia of all rattlers...
No offense but I really, really doubt you've seen an 8ft atrox. 6ft, maybe. But not an 8ft.

kevinb

Noob breeder
Gaboon is my dream hot. However I will probably never own one because of my girlfriend and the fact I want a family And don't trust little kids not to want to touch.

A&K Reptiles
[email protected]
(607)-372-4195

NinjaDuo

No offense but I really, really doubt you've seen an 8ft atrox. 6ft, maybe. But not an 8ft.

Lol well... When I'm driving out in the middle of nowhere and I see a diamond back that stretches a two lane road.... I'm just guessing it was AT LEAST 8... Could've been more. Ive seen 10 ft timber rattlers in east Texas and I've seen huge diamond backs all over central and west texas.

But I respect your opinion haha
Even though you're telling me that lying...

NinjaDuo

The country roads near where I live about an hour outside of austin are two lane yes but not even close to 24. I'll take a photo of the road I was on, at most maybe 13 or 14. It's one of those roads where you have to go half in the ditch if you pass a car.

Believe me or not... It was at least 8

Visit our friends