My mom likes my Gecko

geckoqueen

I did not know if my mom would ever like my Gecko, it's the one she said kind of looked like a snake and she did not know if she could ever get used to my gecko Ninja. Well she likes my Gecko and talks to it, now she says I can leave the Gecko when I move. I don't think so. LOL, it's my Gecko. :main_laugh:

My mom says Ninja does not like if you whistle at him, he goes and hides. Though he likes baby talk, that is what my mom says. See these Gecko's grow on you. I knew she would grow to love my little Ninja. :D My kid and my sister also think Ninja is cute and well he is.

Last edited:

mainelygeckos

aww thats so cool ..ya they grow on ya for sure..glad mom likes your gecko hun maybe she will want to get another later on :p

Khrysty

Meh, my mom still thinks they're creepy. "I just don't understand why you like those things...they're not fun or cute..it's not like they have personalities or like to cuddle or anything. They're not even furry!"

At least she lets me keep them at home when I'm at school. But only after I argued that the mealworm colonies more than sustain them, that they're cared for by my sister, and that unless my mom sleeps in my room she'll never have to see them.

Saphira

hehe... funny. I didn't think I could get attached either..but I was way wrong. I think I am more attached than my son and it is his gecko.

L

LazyAndi

My mum loved my gecko... But I talk about it so much that I'm not so sure she's very fond of it anymore XD

J

jwurm

My mom likes my geckos, too! She has a favorite (Yoshi) and she even asks if she can feed them so she can watch them eat. Moms can always find ways to surprise you.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
My mum thinks my geckos are cute, but she's scared of all animals on earth (but she's not scared of spiders! Weird!); so she will only see them from a distance...

Stitchex

I've had my Leos for about two years, and she still mixes up Dusty with a normal or an enigma(i look at the wonderful pics on here, she says "oh, dusty's so cute!"). She still can't really see that they have such wonderful personalities, she's like "well, you can't really pet or cuddle with them, they don't have souls..." Now, that last one really ticks me off when she says that lol. Eh...in due time!

R

REPEtc

My mom wants nothing to do with my reptiles! She makes me close the door to the reptile room when she comes over. I make her look at photos of my new ones sometimes and I say "aren't they cute?" She rolls her eyes at me and says "sure..."

She did have a moment of weakness once. I have my reptiles shipped to her house when I get them on the internet as I live in an apt. and often they don't even knock on my door, they just bring packages to the office. So, last time, she made me open the box and take them out and show her that they were OK, as she was worried about them after shipping.

Who knows... maybe she will come around...

leoman777

my mom loves all my reptiles and wants the geckos to stay when i go to college lol!! she talk to them and everything and my dad likes them too haha but my brother hates them to DEATH!!! i think hes just jealous!!!

geckoqueen

My grandmother thinks my leos are cuter than my rats. lol

that's the only thing they have going for them though!

LOL. My mom hates mice and rats. I can have a pet gecko but if I told her I had pet mice, or a Rat I am sure I would find the little rodent dead of some weird illness it never had, then died. :main_laugh: No I don't have mice and it was not because my mom killed it. I just don't have them as pets.

geckoqueen

my mom loves all my reptiles and wants the geckos to stay when i go to college lol!! she talk to them and everything and my dad likes them too haha but my brother hates them to DEATH!!! i think hes just jealous!!!

Well he is just probably jealous the Gecko is cuter than he is. :D

geckoqueen

hehe... funny. I didn't think I could get attached either..but I was way wrong. I think I am more attached than my son and it is his gecko.

Well my kid likes my Gecko and if she wants to take care of it the Gecko is hers, if not I am taking the gecko with me when I move, which will be like 5 miles away, so I won't be too far anyway to see my Gecko. I do want to get 2 more Gecko's from breeders anyways after I move.

geckoqueen

I've had my Leos for about two years, and she still mixes up Dusty with a normal or an enigma(i look at the wonderful pics on here, she says "oh, dusty's so cute!"). She still can't really see that they have such wonderful personalities, she's like "well, you can't really pet or cuddle with them, they don't have souls..." Now, that last one really ticks me off when she says that lol. Eh...in due time!

Gecko's have souls, you can tell her I said so. Ninja my pet gecko likes my mom but some people he will go and hide if he sees them, because he or she knows who he likes and don't like. Also the other Gecko I used to have who died I cried for 2 days, so Gecko's have souls.

Visit our friends