My Scare turned Surprise!! - U. Phantasticus

MonteQ's

Yesterday morning one of my females disappeared! I knew I locked the cage, but couldn't track her down. I ended up searching for close to 20 minutes. My heart was racing, I really thought she escaped. Finally, I caught a glimpse of something white. When I focused in I could only see her knee and a small part of her back from between the leaves. Anyway, I moved the leaves, and found her protecting what seems to be two fertile eggs!!

Andy-Eggs1.jpg

The initial breeding was on 04/20. I have them set up at 1:1 on perlite at 67-70 degrees in a glad container which is inside a styrofoam cooler to cut down on drafts. Any tips or suggestions would be great!

Also, what has worked for you as far a housing babies (size...)? I've done a ton of searching, and some suggest brown paper substrate and twigs, some say natural setup. I've also run into conflicting veiws on UV lighting. The only constant seems to be LOW temps. Any help would be awesome. Just want to give them the best I can.

Thanks.

steve905

When I hatched my Sikorae eggs last yr I put them in a deli cup in hatchrite on the basement floor for @ 3 months till bingo they popped...It took about 1-2 weeks before candeling them that I found the eggs to be fertile so be patient. Your mix seems a bit moist might want to leave the lid off for a day or so so you don't drown them.
Good Luck!

MonteQ's

Steve - Thanks! We're about a month in so far, everything looks good! <knock on wood> I should be getting another clutch any day now. I'll try to get some Hatchrite prior to.

If not, would you suggest setting them up at 1:.8 on perlite? Also, did you incubate your eggs with direct contact with the medium, or some sort of separator?

Visit our friends