My Uroplatus Phantasticus! :) (IMG HEAVY)

A

amanda_a

Hey,
I am new to keeping geckos, but not reptiles. I keep a handful of Panther Chameleons, and one Veiled. I've always been drawn to leaf tails, and find them quite magnificent. I have a 1.1 pair, and I got them from the East Texas Herpetological Breeder Expo in Houston last Sunday. Their names are Ulrich von Liechtenstein and Lilith. Below are some photos from the day I got them and today. Lilith just finished her shed, and is looking great. I do have a question; Does anyone else have a male who's eyes turn red only at night?

Ulrich:
img0854q.jpg

img0855s.jpg

Lilith:
img0865y.jpg

img0866i.jpg

Ulrich at night:
img0829b.jpg

Lilith hunting:
img0830s.jpg

Their viv:
img0831gf.jpg

Thanks,

Amanda

J

Jimbojack

Thats so awsome! Beautifle geckos Hopefully I can get a 1.1 pair soon. Nice setup as well!

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
I like the Ulrich name :D

I remember this name somewhere from code lyoko tv show. since i was only young :D lol

gixxer3420

Nice looking geckos but they have always looked like an insect more than a reptile. Non the less I think leaf tails are sweet looking geckos!

A

amanda_a

thank you

Thank you all for the very nice posts, I really appreciate the wonderful feedback. I will have had Ulrich and Lilith for 2 weeks this Sunday. They are both about to begin their second shed and are developing some turquoise/light green spots. I spent about 40 min just watching them hunt last night, and finally saw them "waiving" their tails. They were actually vibrating the tips of their tails every time they saw a cricket. It was marvelous to observe them hunt! :D They are growing quite fast and are doing quite well. I am very happy they are flourishing!

Have a wonderful day,

Amanda

MonteQ's

Cute little fellas! They really are a joy to keep aren't they!

To answer the question in your first post...Their eyes all go red at night, and dull out during the day. Some are really striking. Part of their camouflage I guess.

Visit our friends