NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!1

mushu_the_gecko

ok my gecko was doing fine until last month it started slowing down on eating i mean every night i would drop some mealworms in and by morning they would be gone now its like i would set them there and by morning there still there i mean in order for it to eat i would space out its meals by like 2 days is this normal? i noticed it is alittle chubby just alittle also now all it does is soak in water i mean i dont kno wat do. I dont use sand and i only use jungle mix as her moist hide bedding. also i havent been seeing poop to often what should i do?:main_huh: also the reason i say it is becuase i havent sexed it yet i just got it in like febuary so yea.

Kellyr

Well... I see you live in Cali so I dont think it is the weather getting chilly..
If there is no sand in the enclosure then chances of imaction are slim... not gone but slim..
How old is your gecko or should I ask what size? Once geckos hit 6-8 months most do slow down the eating a bit and this is perfectly normal. Do you have a weight or even a picture to post?

mushu_the_gecko

heres the pics:

IMG00119.jpg

IMG00120.jpg

IMG00126.jpg
IMG00127.jpg

Kellyr

Thats a good size there, he or she may be fully grown or getting close to it. No need to be worried about the decrease in appetite.. its normal. Now its okay to feed twice a week.. even once weekly if they seem to stay healthy and alert...

if you see any further decrease... I would be concerned.

Visit our friends