Need help with a rescued gecko from convention

dubrock.richard

I was at Repticon earlier this month and saw a leopard gecko that said rescued on the tub and 20$ and decided I would try and help her . She was really skinny , her tail real skinny, not a stick but real skinny . I should have done some research and everything before jumping into it because I also have a snake and now I’m worried I’m gonna give the snake whatever she’s got . We’ll anyways , so she has eaten a couple times since I got her , a couple meal worms a super worm, but I’ve been hand feeding her with a syringe and that carnirescue stuff for the past 3 days , she weighed 18.5 grams last night . I don’t know how old she is . I also have some Panacur in the mail don’t know when it will get here . I guess my question is her poop, I don’t know what I’m looking at all I know is that it’s not normal IMG_5177.jpeg IMG_5166.jpeg IMG_5107.jpeg . Anything anyone can see from it to better help me understand what’s going on because I’m so scared that it might be crypto and everything I’m doing is for nothing , and I’m putting my other reptiles in danger , I want to fix her but I don’t know if it’s possible . The last image is of her before she’d , she looked a lot better afterwards , I also found the shed in an undigested ball inside the hide . This was the day I got her IMG_5142.png

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5108.jpeg
    IMG_5108.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5051.jpeg
    IMG_5051.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5052.jpeg
    IMG_5052.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5042.jpeg
    IMG_5042.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

dubrock.richard

I was at Repticon earlier this month and saw a leopard gecko that said rescued on the tub and 20$ and decided I would try and help her . She was really skinny , her tail real skinny, not a stick but real skinny . I should have done some research and everything before jumping into it because I also have a snake and now I’m worried I’m gonna give the snake whatever she’s got . We’ll anyways , so she has eaten a couple times since I got her , a couple meal worms a super worm, but I’ve been hand feeding her with a syringe and that carnirescue stuff for the past 3 days , she weighed 18.5 grams last night . I don’t know how old she is . I also have some Panacur in the mail don’t know when it will get here . I guess my question is her poop, I don’t know what I’m looking at all I know is that it’s not normal View attachment 81937 View attachment 81938 View attachment 81944 . Anything anyone can see from it to better help me understand what’s going on because I’m so scared that it might be crypto and everything I’m doing is for nothing , and I’m putting my other reptiles in danger , I want to fix her but I don’t know if it’s possible . The last image is of her before she’d , she looked a lot better afterwards , I also found the shed in an undigested ball inside the hide . This was the day I got her View attachment 81939
Also I have called a vet , I am in the backwoods of North Carolina and there aren’t a lot of exotic vets around here . I have found one but they are booked for at least 2 weeks or so .

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
As far as I know, the crypto organism that affects geckos is not the same as the one that affects snakes. For now, to be safe, wash your hands well every time you handle the gecko. Make an appointment with the vet, even if it takes a few weeks to get one. Ask the vet to test for crypto. You don't need a poop sample; they can swab the vent. I know this because I've had a crypto-positive gecko household for the last 6 years. I swabbed nearly everyone myself and took the swabs in for them to do the test. If the gecko has crypto, there's nothing you can do anyway. I lost a number of geckos at the beginning but just about all of the ones I have now, who are all crypto positive, are healthy appearing.

Aliza

Visit our friends