Need help with bioactive vivarium.

Screb

Hi, I'm planning on getting a leopard gecko in the following months. This will be the first reptile I will have ever owned, so I was wondering (as I currently have the money to set up the bioactive vivarium) if it would be a good idea to set up my bioactive tank now with all the clean up crew, plants, dead leaves, etc and let it flourish for the time being ( a month or 2) until I actually get my leo. If there is a more relevant forum I apologise as I've only just found this and would greatly appreciate it if you could direct me to it.
Many thanks!

LoveReps

Welcome. You should defenitely go ahead and get it going just in case there are any problems that occur with the set up. This will also allow everything to adjust. It will also allow you to find the right watering technique to ensure there's not too much or too little humidity. I'd get your heat sources adjusted as well so that you can already have the right temp setup for your leo when it arrives. (You can keep them off till you get the gecko of course). I'd love to see the setup when its done!

Screb

Welcome. You should defenitely go ahead and get it going just in case there are any problems that occur with the set up. This will also allow everything to adjust. It will also allow you to find the right watering technique to ensure there's not too much or too little humidity. I'd get your heat sources adjusted as well so that you can already have the right temp setup for your leo when it arrives. (You can keep them off till you get the gecko of course). I'd love to see the setup when its done!
Thanks for getting back to me, I'll be sure to do that and provide pictures of the finished result!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can also check out these articles (written by a forum member):

Aliza

Visit our friends