NEED HELP!!!

Caavery121

Hi all,
My male leopard gecko has not been eating. He is a healthy weight of about 75-80 grams. He has a big thick tail and has eaten very well in the past. All spring, summer, and fall he ate very well. However, in the past couple months he refuses to eat. He shows interest in food but never takes it. I think it could be due to the temperature in the winter but I have another Leo that is eating really well. He lives in paper towel so I don’t think it is an impaction. There is a moist hide with pearlite in it but that is pretty small and he doesn’t spend much time in there. If you have any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Cooper

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Some geckos eat all winter and some fast all winter (and everything in between). My record for the longes time a gecko went without eating and ended up doing fine is 6 months (Nov.-May). As long as he's that weight and seems to be behaving normally, he's fine. Just keep offering and eventually he'll start eating again, most likely when the days get longer.

Aliza

Onelifegecs

Hi all,
My male leopard gecko has not been eating. He is a healthy weight of about 75-80 grams. He has a big thick tail and has eaten very well in the past. All spring, summer, and fall he ate very well. However, in the past couple months he refuses to eat. He shows in food but never takes it. I think it could be due to the temperature in the winter but I have another Leo that is eating really well. He lives in paper towel so I don’t think it is an impaction. There is a moist hide with pearlite in it but that is pretty small and he doesn’t spend much time in there. If you have any advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Cooper
It has become breeding season for Leo’s and that is a likely cause does your other Leo happen to be a female

Caavery121

It has become breeding season for Leo’s and that is a likely cause does your other Leo happen to be a female
Yah it does. When I got her I read online that you can only keep males and females together. I am working on getting another tank for her to live in so I don’t have to worry abt breeding season as much. I know that she will still lay infertile eggs but it should be less stress on her. It’s been a while since he has eaten so I don’t think it is due to breeding.

Onelifegecs

I have a male and a female and my male has stopped eating also. If he isn’t losing any weight I’d try not to stress it too much it is common for leos to go off food for a bit

Visit our friends