need some help with my garg.

RadReptiles831

formerly rendogg
Ok.... so ive had my garg for about 1yr and she seems to be growing super slow. She wasa a hatchling when i got her. Im just feeding her CGD. I've tried crickets and she didn't seem too interested in them. What can i do to get some good weight and size on her? I currently have her in an exo-terra nano 8x8x12 with fake plants and vines. No heat or light just room temp in my sons room. I mist her every few days and refill her dish with CGD the same time. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any help.

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
Te size of the enclosure varies on the size. Gargs are slow growers, they seem terribly slow even compared to crested geckos. And like cresteds, trying to bulk her up faster than her body wants doesnt always mean it is good growth. And not all take to insects. I had 4, and only 2 of my 4 would take insects, and whats funny is my fastest grower and who ended up being the largest is the one I got as the smallest and only ate CGD. If your gecko is under 10g it is fine in the 8 x 8 x 12 (didnt know they made one this size). If the gecko is 10g+ then I would bump it up into a 10 gallon. And if the gecko is 20g+, it should be in something more like a 20 gallon tank, or an 18 x 18 x 18 exoterra.

RadReptiles831

formerly rendogg
Just weighed her and she exactly 10 grams. Thanks for the input....shes my first and only garg. Yeah exo-terra calls them there nano enclosures. :p

Visit our friends