Need Some Tips Please?

SonrienteMuerte

I'm wanting to make a second layer for my gecko tanks, but before I do it, I was wondering if you all could tell me the safest things to use for my geckos, and the sturdiest supplies to use.

Also, where do you get your supplies?
I know hobby lobby and Walmart are probably common answers, so I was wondering if there are reasons you go to that particular place, or if you order offline.

Also, what do you use to make them look more natural?

Thank you! I know its quite a few questions, but everytime I read someone else's post about what they made, I see people discussing different materials, and want to know what works best, and what I shouldn't use with the geckos.

zakdat

I made some hides using the styrofoam/grout method and they've worked out great. They are both like a second level, although I couldn't make them too big considering I just have a 10 gall. I think it could work to do a whole second layer with a hide on top - and it would be light enough you can take it out to clean it without being awkward. I would use toothpicks and hot glue to stabilize the legs before grouting - mine are nice a strong. Good luck. I look forward seeing what you come up with.

SonrienteMuerte

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy your styrofoam, and what kind did you buy? I'm looking at hobby lobby and walmart, and it shows blocks and balls of styrofoam (as well as cones and other wierd shapes) and I'm not sure how well those would work.

Visit our friends