I just recently as of yesterday got a 2month crested gecko. I thought I was going to get an adult, but the babies were more readily available. I am keeping it in a Cricket cage currently. (I will post a picture) I just need to know if what I have is adequate and what to improve or fix. Also, do I only include calcium in the insects or do I put it in the CGD? IMG_0941.jpg IMG_0940.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
How big is the enclosure? It looks pretty good. As I mentioned in another forum where you asked this question, the CGD already has calicium and D3. Some baby cresties don't appreciate crickets, so when you get some, if the crestie doesn't eat them, you may need to hold your crestie and gently push a cricket at its mouth. It will probably bite the cricket and then will learn how good they are.

Aliza

How big is the enclosure? It looks pretty good. As I mentioned in another forum where you asked this question, the CGD already has calicium and D3. Some baby cresties don't appreciate crickets, so when you get some, if the crestie doesn't eat them, you may need to hold your crestie and gently push a cricket at its mouth. It will probably bite the cricket and then will learn how good they are.

Aliza
Thank you so much! This is a huge help. The faunarium is about 1.75 gallons. I also have a 18,18,24 terrarium ready for its growth. The gecko is about 2months old.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
That sounds about right. When I bred cresties and gargoyles I would start them off in 6qt, shoebox sized tubs. I just didn't know if you were using the tiny cricket keeper faunarium or the larger one.

Aliza

Visit our friends