New cresty

Kylerbassman

So we finally picked up our new pet. Since we don't know sex yet, we are going with scarlet/scar depending on what sex. It's a Harley/red/Dalmatian mix. Not looking to breed, so honestly as long as he/she is good and healthy, I don't care. I have a few pics but they don't do justice since he/she isn't fired up in these pics, plus they were taken on my phone and was trying not to frighten the little one. I'm still "perfecting" tank, but it's going pretty good so far. Still waiting for Repashy CGD but for now I have some gut loaded 1/8" crickets to tide him over till I get it. Doubt he/she will eat yet anyway. Here you go

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358820063.854968.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358820082.899993.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358820098.250136.jpg

Kylerbassman

I am. It has stayed better then I thought. I do keep a moist rag on the top of the tank and just lay it over the screen. I will eventually be getting a fogger and do a planted Viv, but for now, since he's so little I'm just manually spraying twice or so a day.

Embrace Calamity

I am. It has stayed better then I thought. I do keep a moist rag on the top of the tank and just lay it over the screen. I will eventually be getting a fogger and do a planted Viv, but for now, since he's so little I'm just manually spraying twice or so a day.
That's what I ended up having to do. You'd think they'd have thought the design through better. :p

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

Do you think it's ok to use a mini Uth on the side of tank? My temps were at 68 and I had a mini Uth for a 5 gallon that I slapped on the side. It brought it up to about 74 degrees in the tank. I have a light near for daytime simulation, but I didn't want to use a bulb for heat because I want to keep the humidity up. Any thoughts or suggestions. He/she seems to like the warmer side just as much if not more than the other side. I'll keep my eye on temps for now.

Embrace Calamity

Sure, I can't see why not. I used one on mine. I'd suggest putting it near the top since heat rises, so then the top will be warmer and the bottom will be cooler.

~Maggot

Kylerbassman

Good idea, I have it about midway, but maybe I'll rearrange and see how that works out. Figured if he was too warm he'd move to a cooler spot, but it's definitely not a Leo and I didn't want to risk it if others had a reason not to. Thanks again

Kylerbassman

Ok, so I changed position of the Uth and placed it up top on the side. I have a good range from about 68-78 ambient temps, however, when I got home today the cresty was directly in front of the heat mat. Where he's at the hot spot is more like 90 + degrees. Should I be concerned? Will he/she move on his own if it's too hot? Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here

Kylerbassman

I ended up unplugging it and I'm going to try and get my room temp up a bit. I may need to look into a Lutron dimmer so I can control the Uth better. Just scares me that it's that hot. If I could get the Uth to only go to about 80-85 I would be good.

Visit our friends