New Darts

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Apologies for the mediocre pics, but I just picked these guys up and didn't want to stress them with an extended photo shoot.

Dendrobates tinctorius 'Powder Blue'

DSC02535Large.jpg

DSC02533Large.jpg

Dendrobates tinctorius 'Cobalt'

DSC02536Large.jpg

DSC02537Large.jpg

And a bonus pic! They are a bit young to breed yet, but they're trying, these two have been in amplexus for a little over a day.

Agalychnis annae

DSC02532Large.jpg

And one of the girls, just for kicks.

DSC02460Large-1.jpg

RampantReptiles

this is going to sound naive but you can keep crotons in with your frogs? They are poisonous... well maybe only if you eat them I guess.

AWESOME frogs! and excellent plants as well :)

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Crotons are fine, the only plants that normally pose a problem are ones like Dieffenbachia that have a noxious sap. Frogs don't eat the plants, so skin irritants are the only real issue.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Here are some more, picked these three up yesterday.

Dendrobates tinctorius 'Cobalt' male to pair up with the female.

DSC02619.jpg

Dendrobates auratus 'Taboga Island' juvies

DSC02620.jpg

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Congrats Tony. I love dart frogs. I don't know if Iwill ever breed them but I know i will always keep a small group around I like setting up their viv. I guess if they are happy and thriving they wil lbreed on their own.

May I ask where you picked them up. always looking for a good herp store in "the area" 1-2 hour drive

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Congrats Tony. I love dart frogs. I don't know if Iwill ever breed them but I know i will always keep a small group around I like setting up their viv. I guess if they are happy and thriving they wil lbreed on their own.

May I ask where you picked them up. always looking for a good herp store in "the area" 1-2 hour drive

The cobalt was bred by Kevin and Rita of Exotic Darts.

The auratus came from The Tropical Hut in Portland.

Visit our friends