New Garage Sale Wonder!

hdavidf309

Friendly herp enthusiast
I had known about this lady having a 24x24x24 exo-terra (used) enclosure for sale for a while, but I never thought anything of it because she was asking alot at 1st, and was actually super reluctant to let it go...like, she would change her mind. Fast forward to not too long ago. I go garage sale shopping quite alot with my fiance and believe it or not find some AWESOME stuff sometimes ( it takes tons of effort and looking though...). In this instance we went back to this same lady's house because she often has some cool stuff, racks, and other things that come in handy to have around the house and there it was- that used exo-terra for sale! Finally gott to make a deal with her and got it for a stteal at just $50!!!! If that wasn't good enough for you, I'll do 1 better- it came with things inside (2 bags snake bedding, MULTIPLE water dishes/soakers, a Lg. critter keeper for crickets, "appetite plus" liquid diet, Lg. herptivite, Lg. Calcium plus w/d-3, and driftwood!). This was a steal, huh?! So.....in other words, that was a happy day and I wanted to share the story. 1 question to all: How should I decorate this bad boy? I will most likely be housing gargs or Chahoua, but am open to suggestion if someone has one. Pics available through E-Mail. Talk to me soon!

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
that's actually an awesome deal on that size exo terra, great pick up! i usually only find the little 10 gallons around here at yard sales. and the extras are a bonus, very cool

hdavidf309

Friendly herp enthusiast
Haha...yeah...I am super happy, but I wamnt to design it differently than my other enclosures though. Any fun tricks/ideas that anyone knows about that will make aboreal reptiles LOVE this enclosure??

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have my crested gecko in a 12x12x18 and one thing I did was to get one of those fake vines, twine it into an interesting shape and then plant pothos which winds around the vine to get some height. With a tank that size, you have space to plant it heavily with bromiliads, vines and stuff that flowers. It should look great.

Aliza

touch 13

Euble_Rhac_Gekko
It's quite a big job, and i'm in the process of finding supplies to do it but from what i've gathered:
Black silicone window caulking
a can of great stuff

Look into this online, but more or less you create your own backround to the tank. LOOKS AMAZING.

Visit our friends