New Garg owner

CrestedGarg

Hi All,

I've proud first time owner of a roughly 8 month old gargoyle gecko, Brooklyn, that I purchased from the Pangea booth at the NARBC show in St. Louis at the beginning of May. I received him on 5/5 and have been feeding him the Pangea G&B mix in their biodegradable cups, well trying to at least. I've provided him some small crickets with and without the calcium powder but he wasn't interested at all. I haven't seen any signs of activity around his elevated feeding ledge but if I scoop some on my finger he'll lick it clean. My concern is that he isn't feeding/drinking at night. I mist his temp enclosure in the evenings and make sure his temps are between 70-74, the humidity ranges between 50-65 and 80+(after misting). I'm aware that it could take some geckos up to 4 weeks to finally acclimate to their new homes but I'm concerned with his eating habits that he wouldn't last that long. I have found some poop but I don't know if its from him feeding on his own or from the food he'll lick off my finger. Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Visit our friends