New gecko not eating and stuck shed.. Any advice?

2134Bean

I recently just got a new crested gecko. I got him from my local pet store and he has had a bit of stuck shed on him for a few weeks and it's beginning to concern me. He also never seems to want to eat, I force fed him some pangea but he still hates me and it's very hard to do that every night. He also doesn't like any insects I offer him. He is currently in a bioactive set-up (minus the isopods and slringtails I'm abt to get them) all of the day temps and humidity levels stay the exact same as my other crested gecko which is thriving and growing so well. The only difference I have is I have a nano heat emitter for night in my other geckos tank so it stays around 71 ish . For the gecko I'm concerned about the night temp is about 69-70 no lower than like 68. (I'm also about to get another nano heat emitter) is there anything I'm doing wrong or could improve on. I really appreciate all the help!

panthergecko

Some pictures of the gecko would be good. For the stuck shed put him in a shallow warm bath to help with shed.

Geckos acclimation can vary so could just be a long acclimation time

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have crested geckos and gargoyle geckos that I have never seen eating, but they do and they're fine. I have no idea if your gecko is eating, but just because you don't see it eat, it doesn't mean it's not eating.

Aliza

2134Bean

I have crested geckos and gargoyle geckos that I have never seen eating, but they do and they're fine. I have no idea if your gecko is eating, but just because you don't see it eat, it doesn't mean it's not eating.

Aliza
So I did put him in a little container with a paper towel and I sprayed it down with warm water and put him in there with some growth and breeding pangea and kinda hand fed him some. After that I've seen little indentions in the food from him eating so that's good. I believe he's starting to go into another shed so hopefully that will help get the old shed off. I appreciate all the help. Also I'm keeping him/her around 50% humidity at day and 70% at night, and 75 at day and 70 at night for temps. Is this all ok?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't worry so much about measuring humidity. I mist every evening and expect a humidity spike after that with a gradual decrease until the next misting. My cresties are all between 4 and 15 years old.

Aliza

Visit our friends