New Juvenile Gecko

RyleeRellik

I just got a new fat tail gecko recently. And I’ve noticed that sometimes when he poops it will look completely healthy, and other times it’ll be very watery and diarrhea like. I’ve noticed he tends to drink a little more than my other geckos, so I’m not sure if the stool becomes watery on days when he drinks extra. Or if it’s from stress or something worse. Besides that he’s fairly healthy (just working on beefing him up a little bit more). He’s less than a year old. I’ve only had him two weeks so far, but he gets calcium, multivitamin, heat mat kept around 92 and cool side kept around 76-80 depending on time of day. He’s offered a moist hide as well. And I feed a mix of crickets, mealworms, and have given two waxworms as a treat to help fatten up. He used to be fed only crickets before I got him. I tend to be a worry wart about these kind of things, and the situation usually turns out to be because of a new diet or another environmental cause, but I still wanted a second opinion. Thank you!

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's probably fine. Sometimes if you don't find the poop till later it's dried up. It's good if he'll eat the worms. Most fat tails aren't into worms. I've had several that liked super worms but no one would touch the mealworms.

Aliza

RyleeRellik

It's probably fine. Sometimes if you don't find the poop till later it's dried up. It's good if he'll eat the worms. Most fat tails aren't into worms. I've had several that liked super worms but no one would touch the mealworms.

Aliza
Yea, he doesn’t like them as much as the crickets, but if they move around enough he eats them right up. My other fattail girl refuses to touch the worms though.

Visit our friends