New Leo not eating.

Goldfox

So I recently purchased a new Leo last Saturday (7-7-18) and she seems to love her new home and is starting to build a bond, even coming to say hi when I come home from work, but she has not eaten once in the week I have gotten her. I asked what they were feeding her before I purchased her (mealworms) so I bought some small mealies for her, dusted them and put them in her bowl and she has not eaten a single one since then. I have tried to hand feed her with tongs as well to no avail Should I be worried? I know it has only been a week, but most babies I have had before would have devoured the 8 worms I put it in one night. Any tips to help get her to feed would be appreciated.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to GF! Even though she was eating mealies, get a few crickets and see if that changes anything. When I was breeding I brought up all my hatchlings on mealworms. Someone I sold a gecko to was having trouble getting her to eat and the crickets did the trick. If that doesn't work, just give her more time. It's not unusual for it to take awhile for them to eat in a new place.

Aliza

Goldfox

Turns out she is just lazy. Will only eat if I put the worm out in front of her when she comes out of her hide at night. I was gonna try crickets, but didn't wanna buy them if she was just gonna ignore it and have it sit in her cage overnight. I will try a small amount of them one at a time and she if maybe the thrill of the hunt is what she is after :)

Visit our friends