New Leo not eating

Bakuhime

Not sure if this is normal, but got a juvenile leo from Petco (yeah, Petco is first problem, got it) and she hasn't eaten yet. We got her on Sunday afternoon, currently Wednesday evening. We've tried crickets and dulia (I think that's the first word) roaches. She shed yesterday but still hasn't eaten. Once I saw she was shedding, I figured that was why. I also don't know how long it takes them to adjust to their new environment. Just concerned for her. Currently in a 10gal tank (have every intention of upgrading size ASAP). She's got 3 hides, one under heat, one not, and a glass jar with sphagnum moss and moist paper towel for humidity. She's currently in our living room with no direct sunlight, but we do have dogs that bark and guests that don't shut up, moving her into our room this evening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, understand we know we did the wrong thing and didn't do enough research prior to purchase, just trying to make it right.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Just keep offering. It can take a week or more. The roaches are "dubia". You can try mealworms as well, though most leopard geckos appear to prefer crickets and roaches because they move more. As long as the temperature on the floor of the hot side measures in the low 90's (with a temp gun, or a digital thermometer with probe), things should be fine. They can go for much longer than you'd expect without eating.

Aliza

Bakuhime

Thank you so much. She just ate now, 3 roaches and 3 crickets. I really need to get a heat gun and a hygrometer though.

Visit our friends