New Leopard Gecko climbing glass

Jbrown

Hello,

We just got our first reptile pet - a leopard gecko that the shop said was about a month old. He/she has spent most of her time climbing the glass or otherwise trying to get out of her terrarium. She has a warm side, cool side and hides, including a moist hide. The shop had her in a terrarium with a sand mat, so we got the same one for her new home. She ate 3 mealworms last night. Her color is much duller this morning. I’ve included before and after shots. I’m worried if I’m doing something wrong or if she’s very unhappy/uncomfortable. Stressin’ out! Advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• 859EC08B-23C7-4BCA-8023-6AC0C518CD7A.jpeg
    859EC08B-23C7-4BCA-8023-6AC0C518CD7A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

Jbrown

Ok, update, he/she is definitely shedding, but still wandering around the cage & hasn’t stepped a foot into the moist hide.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
They don't necessarily go into the moist hide when they shed Checking out a new environment is very normal. Also normal is climbing up the sides. If you could put a leopard gecko into a cage a kilometer wide, they would walk to the edge and try to get out! Everything sounds OK

Aliza

Jbrown

They don't necessarily go into the moist hide when they shed Checking out a new environment is very normal. Also normal is climbing up the sides. If you could put a leopard gecko into a cage a kilometer wide, they would walk to the edge and try to get out! Everything sounds OK

Aliza
Thank you! Ziggy disappeared into the shed for a couple of hours and came out completely clean, shed skin completely gone & eaten. I didn’t realized it happened so fast!

Visit our friends