New Owner Advice?

Williamm.0130

Hi everyone!
I was recently given two beautiful Leo's a male and a female, they seem to get on just fine they have been housed together for a long time but seem to have no interest in mating (which is good for me haha) I've had them about 3 weeks and last time I cleaned out the viv I put some lino in so it would be easier to clean ect. I noticed the male laying around on the floor and moving slowly which is weird because they're usually together in a hide or one in each I checked the temperature with a Lazer thermometer for fear or the current one not being accurate and the lino was about 35°c or 95°f I have turned down the thermostat now but just wanted to make sure it won't or hasn't already caused any problems, he seemed to become more active a short time later and I'm not sure about her as she doesn't tend to come out of her hide I think due to the fact that they both had different owners before the last ones, if anyone has any advice it would be very much appreciated and sorry for the long post haha
Thank you,
Will

Attachments

• Snapchat-101127829.jpg
    Snapchat-101127829.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 4

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Congrats on the geckos. Breeding season is over and I have found that when I keep a M/F pair of geckos together, the mating attempts decrease by summer. Watch them around January, though, because the female will ovulate and you may see mating behavior. If you don't want eggs, it may be a good idea to separate them then. Usually if one part of the enclosure is too hot, the gecko will move to a cooler space, but I'm glad you turned it down. My biggest piece of advice is that leopard geckos often eat less in the colder weather and you should try not to get too worried about that.

Aliza

Williamm.0130

They seem to have been doing just fine since I turned down the heat down, from my understanding they have never tried to mate in the years theyve been together but thank you and I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on them towards that time :) thanks

Visit our friends