New Owner - Gecko Not Eating - Suspected Ovulation

EjDante

Hey Everyone,

I'm a new Leo Owner, with a three year old female named Beatrice. I bought her from someone who used her as a breeder (Blood X Emerine I'm told). Got her on June 1st. Was eating 10-15 meal worms three times a week and now just has no interest at all. I've tried, tongs, bowls, hand feeding etc. She shed about two weeks ago (6/15).

UTH set at 92. I have an overhead 25 watt Halogen mini dome as well for basking (surface temp at 94), plus humid hide on the warm side, and cool side temps range at 72-78. I have an Exoterra 24 X 18 X 12 with the artificial background (which surprisingly she climbs alot).

Seems especially active, wants to come out and climb on my hand and arms. Not quite sure if that's unusual or now that she's gotten used to her environment she's just opening up. I waited two weeks before attempting to handle her. She seems happy and healthy.

Below are pictures, as I don't quite have the eye to know what to look for. Hoping she's just ovulating and not egg bound.

Can some folks who know what to look for let me know if there's anything that helps with these pictures? I happy to try other feeders but have a lot of meal worms so hoping this is ovulation and temporary. Happy to take more pictures if that helps.

Thank you in advance!
Eric

New1.jpg New2.jpg New3.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Looks like eggs to me, but not ready to lay yet. Make sure she has a place to lay them. She'll likely recover her appetite soon. Keep offering.

Aliza

Visit our friends