New plant, established enviro

Micherie

Hi guys!

I have a house plant, a snake plant to be specific, that is outgrowing its pot and I would like to split it up and put some in my crested gecko’s environment, which has been the same for well over a year. It’s nothing fancy right now it just has some Pothos, climbing sticks, and hides in it. It needs to have all new substrate put in and have it all nice and fluffed up so I thought it’s the perfect time to put in this plant. I know that I have to wash the plant really well but my question is… Since this is an established environment and the plant has been in my house for years is it safe for me to just put it in her environment right away without quarantine? Also is it ok leave the plant in a clay pot or should I put it in the ‘ground’?

Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you keep it in the pot, it will be easy to move if you have to do that. I've gone more toward having plants in pots these days, especially since the substrate is so shallow. I think it would be OK to just put the plant in after washing it well.

Aliza

Micherie

What do you think about putting the plants in mason jars with water instead of clay pots with soil and partially burying them? Is that too precarious? I just want the plants to be happy and have enough water at all times so I’m weighing my options. Thanks again for your thoughts

Visit our friends