New reptile lover

DiansBo213

Hello there!

I recently found myself to have a growing passion for reptiles and most especially the squamata order ones.
I am heavily considering adopting one and stumble upon the choice of "What is the best squamata reptile to start with?".

I am probably going to decide base on some information i am collecting and receiving... from you :)

I live around Barcelona, if you have some tips about a recommended reptile store or a special species available in the area, feel free leave some words to comment.
I am 28yo and have just moved in Barcelona for work so i have plenty of time during the week or in the week-end to take care of these animals.

Dians,

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to the world of reptiles. Do you have any sense of whether you want something with or without legs? I have no idea what's available in Barcelona, but there must be a local herpetological society that can give you some guidelines.

Aliza

DiansBo213

Hello Aliza,

I think i want to have a serpent so i might start with a pantherophys guttatus.
I guess they are the most easy to care and are really good looking.
Do you think that i should know something in particular if i were to select this species?

I found a shop that sells some so they can help me to get the rodents (live and freezed).

Thank for you reply, sorry if i reply late, i am not use to forum.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Google "pantherophys guttatus care" and read some care sheets. I know nothing about serpents. Some of the care sheets may have contradictory information, so ask the pet shop about what they do.

Aliza

Visit our friends