New satanics...

C

Cory

I posted this over "there" lol.. thought I would share here...

Well ... SATANICS I love thee...

Here's a BUNCH of pics from the two satanics we received the other day, they are settling nicely, one is a little more bold than the other in that we see hime more often, but man are they EVER cool little critters!

reflections2.jpg

newhome2.jpg

newhome.jpg

maleclimb2.jpg

maleclimb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

D

Dee

Don't forget this one...
vampiresleep.jpg

Gives a whole new meaning to "Satanic", looks like a sleeping vampire!

C

Cryptly

I love the way these guys look!

One of these days I'll add one to my ever growing zoo. . . :)

C

Cory

KelliH said:
Those are some sweet phantasticus, Cory. Best of luck with breeding them! Oh, do you keep any other Uroplatus btw?

Not yet.... the stress on YET! lol....

Thanks for the comments guys, we were pretty stocked to get these guys!

D

DontShootMe

Those look nice. How big do they get? Are they easy to maintain?

J

Jedi Master Bruce

I love Uroplatus. Any tips on keeping and breeding? Anyone?

D

Dee

They get to about six inches or so, and are extremely easy to maintain - no heat required, mist daily, and feed the standard crix, mealies, etc. In some southern states they would actually need cooling, as temps higher than 80F can kill them. They're not a gecko for handling, but as you can see, they're really interesting to watch lol. As for breeding, not there yet, hopefully will be in the future!

D

DontShootMe

How low can the temperature get it gets as low as 60 in the house in the winters here.

Ian S.

Those are some sweet satanics. Those will definately be my next gecko to work with.

G

Graham_s

DontShootMe said:
How low can the temperature get it gets as low as 60 in the house in the winters here.

60 is fine for a night/cool season temp drop.

@ the photo of the "vampire" one:
This is them imitating twigs/leaves on ficus bushes and sway in the breeze. I just had my female U.cf.Ebenaui do this when jumping onto my finger. It's quite entertaining to watch!

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Jeanne said:
Man I miss my Phantasticus everytime I see some!

Yeah, but they're doing Great! Unfortunately still no viable eggs though. I've been thinking about getting a second male, and may go that route this summer. I haven't forgotten you though! ;)

Visit our friends