New to geckos.

Buzzlightnuts

Hey! Nice to meet you! Im looking to buy a new pet leopard gecko which will be my first reptile ever. I joined the forum to gain as much knowledge as possible before i actually make the purchase. Where would be a good place to start?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Google "leopard gecko care" and read about what you'll need. Check out leopardgeckowiki.com to see lots of different gecko morphs so you can figure out what you like. See if there are some reptile expos in your area so you can get a gecko from a reputable breeder. Once you've done some research, come back here and ask questions about the stuff that you're not sure about. Welcome!

Aliza

Buzzlightnuts

Google "leopard gecko care" and read about what you'll need. Check out leopardgeckowiki.com to see lots of different gecko morphs so you can figure out what you like. See if there are some reptile expos in your area so you can get a gecko from a reputable breeder. Once you've done some research, come back here and ask questions about the stuff that you're not sure about. Welcome!

Aliza
Hey Aliza, thank you for the welcome. Ive actually been doing quite a bit of research and I do have a couple of questions so i guess ill just list them off. Superworms as staples? Eco earth as a substrate? Canned insects to vary up the diet?

Lil Biscuit

Eco Earth is pretty great (I completely reccomend it actually), might wanna mix it with another substrate. This can help it look more natural and do more specific things for your animals such as humidity and holding it's shape. Super worms can be a staple feeder, remember the eye rule though. It's basically the same thing as a meal worms just better. You could try breeding them but meal worms are easier.

I doubt your lizard will eat any form of canned. They like moving food

Buzzlightnuts

Eco Earth is pretty great (I completely reccomend it actually), might wanna mix it with another substrate. This can help it look more natural and do more specific things for your animals such as humidity and holding it's shape. Super worms can be a staple feeder, remember the eye rule though. It's basically the same thing as a meal worms just better. You could try breeding them but meal worms are easier.

I doubt your lizard will eat any form of canned. They like moving food
Thank you! I know not many leos except none moving food. But if i get lucky and mine does, would it be ok to add it to the diet?

Visit our friends