New to geckos

Saboo

Hello! I’m new to taking care of leopard geckos, I plan to study for another half a year or so but I want to make sure this checks out
1-2 hides 1 ledge for the gecko to bask on
A half log
A eco carpet
A 7% uvb light
A humidity box with moss
Lots of food and vitamins to make sure the little guy doesn’t starve
Some ledges to climb on
A heat mat at night for when the lights are off
And some rock slates
And to top it all of I have a 20 gallon tank so I wanna make sure that’s not to big
(I already have a food and water bowl and a heat lamp with humidity + heat gauges)

Last edited:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to the fascinating hobby of taking care of geckos. For a leopard gecko I'd make the following small corrections:
--there's nothing wrong with having a basking area, though leopard geckos are nocturnal and probably don't really bask. Reportedly some of them do, so you may as well.
--Ideally you would have the heat mat on all the time and the lights are optional. The gecko will get its needs met through calcium and vitamin D3 supplements; The U|VB light is not necessary but fine to do.
--leopard geckos are terrestrial, but some of them do like to climb, so ledges don't hurt. Make sure there's a safe way for it to get up to the liedge.

A 20 gallon tank is the perfect size.

Aliza

Saboo

Welcome to the fascinating hobby of taking care of geckos. For a leopard gecko I'd make the following small corrections:
--there's nothing wrong with having a basking area, though leopard geckos are nocturnal and probably don't really bask. Reportedly some of them do, so you may as well.
--Ideally you would have the heat mat on all the time and the lights are optional. The gecko will get its needs met through calcium and vitamin D3 supplements; The U|VB light is not necessary but fine to do.
--leopard geckos are terrestrial, but some of them do like to climb, so ledges don't hurt. Make sure there's a safe way for it to get up to the liedge.

A 20 gallon tank is the perfect size.

Aliza
Thank you so much and I love to hear it! I’ll try and correct those mistakes

Visit our friends