new to owning leopard gecko :)

caitlinpierre

Hi everyone :) my names caitlin and at the end of july i got my first leopard gecko. his name is da vinci and i was told he was born at the end of february. i’m a little bit concerned about him as i very rarely see him come out of his moist hide and i haven’t actually held him since the day i got him as i was worried about stressing him out haha. he’s definitely eating his mealworm and i can only assume he’s eating crickets too as i put them in the tank and don’t see them again. i’ve only seen him poo once since having him too so i’m just a bit worried and any advice would be appreciated:)

Attachments

• 456EC874-4669-4B34-8964-C1B48840FC0D.jpeg
    456EC874-4669-4B34-8964-C1B48840FC0D.jpeg
    164.1 KB · Views: 7

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Welcome to you and da vinci! It's not unusual for juvenile leopard geckos to hide a lot. It's their instinctive protection. He may be pooping in some corner (or inside a hide) where you haven't discovered it yet.

Aliza

caitlinpierre

Welcome to you and da vinci! It's not unusual for juvenile leopard geckos to hide a lot. It's their instinctive protection. He may be pooping in some corner (or inside a hide) where you haven't discovered it yet.

Aliza
Thanks for replying:) i’m used to bearded dragons you see so it was just a bit of a shock hahah but i’ll give him some more time

Visit our friends