Newbie Gecko Owner with a few questions :)

kittenchan

Hello everyone!

My family just got a leo on Sunday and we have questions! The gecko is 3 years old.

First, our leo hasn't eaten yet. It has been provided with food (crickets) and water. It also has only gone to the bathroom once. I'm assuming this is fairly normal?

Also I'm trying to sex our gecko. I'm fairly certain it's female, but I'd love some other input.

Thank you for your time and help!

~kchan

Attachments

• IMG_9374.JPG.jpg
    IMG_9374.JPG.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9363.JPG-2.jpg
    IMG_9363.JPG-2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4

PanJaster

Sometimes it takes a few days for leos to get allright in new environment. If she (yes, it is female :), as far as I can tell from the photo) will still not eat after few days, it may be temperature problem. Please write down more info about gecko's setup, temps ...

DrCarrotTail

I'd agree with female! Some of the adult geckos I've puchased in the past have taken weeks (sometimes over a month) to start eating in a new environment. Your gal looks fat and healthy so I wouldn't worry unless she starts to lose weight. I'd pick up a cheap scale (they're about $8 on amazon) and weigh her once very other week or so if you're worried. If she loses more than 10% of her body weight then her hunger strike is something more than just being stubborn in a new environment. Best of luck! She's a pretty gal!

Visit our friends