Newbie here

New gecko mom

Hi everyone! Im a new gecko mom! I need help identifying what type of leopard geckos I have. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20201103_231228.jpg
    20201103_231228.jpg
    870.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201103_231141.jpg
    20201103_231141.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
welcome! It's easiest to tell with a picture of the whole gecko from the top. Based on what I can see, the lighter colored one is an albino (no black pigmentation) stripe (bands run along the body instead of side to side like the other one). There are 3 types of albino and there's no way to tell which type yours is.
The other one still has its juvenile pattern. Eventually the black bands will break up into spots and the spots will move around. If it loses all its body spots it will be a superhypo. If it loses all but 10 or fewer of the body spots it will be a hypo. If it still has a bunch of spots but you can see a lot of yellow, you could call it a high yellow. If it has lots of spots it would be a "normal" or "wild type".

Aliza

New gecko mom

welcome! It's easiest to tell with a picture of the whole gecko from the top. Based on what I can see, the lighter colored one is an albino (no black pigmentation) stripe (bands run along the body instead of side to side like the other one). There are 3 types of albino and there's no way to tell which type yours is.
The other one still has its juvenile pattern. Eventually the black bands will break up into spots and the spots will move around. If it loses all its body spots it will be a superhypo. If it loses all but 10 or fewer of the body spots it will be a hypo. If it still has a bunch of spots but you can see a lot of yellow, you could call it a high yellow. If it has lots of spots it would be a "normal" or "wild type".

Aliza
Thanks! And here is the white one from the top

Attachments

• 20201025_221200.jpg
    20201025_221200.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 4

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you mean that there's a vertical black pupil in the middle and the rest of the eye is kind of olive green, that's a regular albino. There are some albino morphs (super snow or eclipse) where the eyes are solid red.

Aliza

Visit our friends