Non- humid, arboreal Gecko suggestions?

jakehinds

Hey people, I'm looking for an arboreal gecko that doesn't need tropical humidity. I like cresties,leo's,panthers, flying geckos, but i would rather have an arboreal/not high humidity. Do they exist? If so, i don't want to spend a fortune, below like 50$. The reason is i have a big 67 gallon tank(3ft. long, 15" deep, 29" tall) and if i were to put a leo it would have all that wasted height. Any suggestions will help!:D

Embrace Calamity

Most arboreal geckos require high humidity, but I believe Standing's Day Geckos require only moderate humidity (as opposed to cresties and such). You'd want to do your own research and double-check that, though, just to be safe. But I'd asked this question before and they were suggested to me.

~Maggot

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If I had room for a tank that size, I'd put a bearded dragon or collared lizard in it. They're not arboreal, but my beardie loves his hammock and can climb to the second shelf of my plant shelves with no problem.

Aliza

jakehinds

I ACTUALLY THOUght(sorry for yelling) that beardies need more room than that? Hmm.. But i really am interested in breeding whatever i get, and they are kinda on the expensive side for me. I also looked at corn snakes, and it seems people are keeping them in smaller vivariums, but i'd feel too bad for mine. Since they grow to like 4 feet. Those black ones sure are a beauty though. But i'll probably just stick with something like some leo's. Cheap, pretty, dont need a lot of space..

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
it is a bit on the small side for a beardie. I keep mine in a 40 gallon breeder, though 36"x18"x18". He gets to run free every morning and seems to do fine in it.

Aliza

Visit our friends