Normal Enigmas for $15????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehiss

Just Kelli's Husband
I heard a rumor the other day that was rather disturbing. I heard that at a recent show here in the Northeast that there were Normal Enigmas on a table for $15!!!

Is there anyone out there that can confirm this for me?

Thanks in advance!

Steve Hammack

N

Nigel4less

I heard something similar Steve, of Normal Enigmas running about $25-$50 at some of the North Eastern shows.

LeapinLizards

It's a BEAUT Clark!
I've heard many "rumors" about people selling certain morphs for a mere fraction of the normal prices. I guess it all comes down to ethics, and such.

N

Nigel4less

I guess there's only one name for these people. Market Crashers!

P

PacHerp

I've also heard this, Steve...

As for being able to bring some solid statements about it to the table, I wasn't there... so I can't.

Hopefully some folks can chime in and talk with us about this.

Gecko Euphoria

I hope not man that would suck I've spent way to much on my breeders to have them already drop less than a normal pet chain gecko, what a joke man people must really be hard up for a sale, I'm totally with steve on this, thats just not right every body has invested in these for hopes of a exotic morph that holds its value and to have someone undercut the whole reptile community by selling it for prices less than even the normalast of all normal leopard geckos goes for is just outrageouse and super depressing. I hope thats just a rumor or there will be some pretty p o d breeders I'm sure, well hope it dont affect any of us negatively and drop the price value on these extroardinary geckos it would just be sad, Thanks Steve for makeing us aware of this tragedy, Take care and good luck to you all,

Adam

I heard something similar Steve, of Normal Enigmas running about $25-$50 at some of the North Eastern shows.

N

Nigel4less

Sadly Enigmas aren't worth as much to some breeders as others. But I find its ridiculous that someone has to sell a gecko at 5% of what its worth. Its just frustrating, to see all of the effort, time and money. That breeders have put into these animals, to see them go for a lower price then some wholesale geckos. But that is my two cents.

AntMan612

Unless someone had a HUGE inventory of enigmas, wouldn't it be very difficult to bring the market price down? The $15 enigmas would go fast, and then there would be no more.

Then again, I've seen a lot of breeders selling off their collections lately, because of the economy...

Last edited:

Gecko Euphoria

Anythings possible and people will do any thing to make buck next it will be $10 enigmas! Thats just my opinion the Raptor should've held its value longer than it did and it all comes down to supply and demand as long as that said person has or can get them for that said price people will buy them and wait till he gets more instead of going somewhere else to buy em why pay what an animals worth when they can get em for free practically, then another breeder will go through a hard time and drop the price lower than this outragiouse price to out sell this clown and so on and so forth. Its just bull crap in my opinion. But for all we know his animals suck and are poor representitives of the morph any way but it still pisses me off. Thats why theres a thing called the code of ethics its so an honest person plays fair in buisiness and not undercuts prices it hurts us all even the person who buys that animal for that price. Just had to get that off of my chest, people should be rewarded for there hard work and not be forced to give it away just to compete.

Adm

Unless someone had a HUGE inventory of enigmas, wouldn't it be very difficult to bring the market price down? The $15 enigmas would go fast, and then there would be no more.

Then again, I've seen a lot of breeders selling off their collections lately, because of the economy...

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Unless someone had a HUGE inventory of enigmas, wouldn't it be very difficult to bring the market price down?
You have mad a very good point here, Anthony. There ARE people/breeders that are overbreeding and overproducing which is creating a huge glut in the market. I have cut my breeders by 30% to allow for the huge surplus of geckos for sale. I can't imagine why any breeder would over-produce to the point of selling these morphs at less than market value! It is simply irresponsible and unethical.

dprince

Mod Squad Member
You have mad a very good point here, Anthony. There ARE people/breeders that are overbreeding and overproducing which is creating a huge glut in the market. I have cut my breeders by 30% to allow for the huge surplus of geckos for sale. I can't imagine why any breeder would over-produce to the point of selling these morphs at less than market value! It is simply irresponsible and unethical.

Amen Marcia!! With that being said, I had indeed heard that at one big recent show, there was someone selling enigmas for $15. :main_thumbsdown:

I am not surprised. I think that the scary thing is that this is what is going on in the open. Guess what is going on behind closed doors.

I completely agree with you Marcia.

I believe I may have 1 pair breeding next year. So.. that is more than 99% less than this year. :main_laugh:

Edit: Another thing to look back on is Mack Snows.. This is just what happens with Morphs. :/

Last edited:
T

tokayok123

there is a small mom and pop type pet store in knoxville, tn selling enigmas, tangs, ms,ss and pattys(from what i have seen) for 25 each.

Jeremy Letkey

Jaded by reality!!
Well, I am fairly certain that this all stems from a conversation I had with some else from the forums.

I was offered a a wholesale lot of Enigmas, (which I declined) solicitated out of the blue by another vendor, whom I did not know. They did not produce the animals themselves. I do know where they received them from though. When I asked about the price, the response was, if you take the lot, $15 each.

Later, some of these same animals were brought to my table by some younger customers. I was asked if I could id the morphs (they had no clue what they had bought) there were no labels or ids on the delis. I stated that without knowing the genetic background of the animals or their parents, I would not attempt to make a guess other than normals or hypos etc.
The prices marked on the cups ranged from $25-$55.

That's that.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Later, some of these same animals were brought to my table by some younger customers. I was asked if I could id the morphs (they had no clue what they had bought) there were no labels or ids on the delis. I stated that without knowing the genetic background of the animals or their parents, I would not attempt to make a guess other than normals or hypos etc.

Quite honestly, what are you going to answer? I don't think anymore can be expected, Jeremy.

And quite honestly, I don't think that somebody that is offering Enigmas for $15 a pop knows or even cares about the underlying genetic makeup of the animal, let alone the animals wellbeing.

You did well not buying any. I don't think I could have been tempted with a $5 price tag. :main_no:

R

RepBex

Selling 20 geckos at 15 works out more that selling 3 more expencife

maybe they where just takeing note of the poor aconomey at the moment and thought it was a quick way to make money and move them to make more space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visit our friends