Normal I think?

Neo.Reptiliac

I'm not very good at telling you the name of most ball python morphs. But I think that this one is a normal for sure. I got this one today and the owners didn't know much about reptiles so they couldn't even tell me the gender. I'm not sure what the gender is either though so I cant say much. I've never probed a snake so I guess I need to find someone who can. Anyways. Its around 4ft long. Has some stuck shed that its going to get cleared of as soon as it get settled in. Appears healthy, and is pretty calm and tame. Tell me what yall think =)

python-005.png

python-006.png

robin

he looks like a normal to me. as far as sexing you do not necessarily need to probe them. first off females have shorter tails than males (past the vent) but you can also easily sex then by putting your thumb around the vent area gently sliding your thumb down towards the end of the tail and you will be actually feeling for the hemipenes through the skin. if you are not sure ask someone to show you. this is the most safe and least invasive way of sexing. once you know how to do it, you can pretty much do it on most snakes but it's super easy on ball pythons :)
maybe this will work in the mean time

good luck with your new ball :)

Neo.Reptiliac

=) thanks. I will try that out and see what I can feel. This snake is really calm so I shouldn't have any trouble practicing on it.
lol show me a boa any day and I can sex it usually just by looking at it if its an adult. But I'm a rookie on sexing balls v.v

Neo.Reptiliac

I seriously don't think its a mojave. lol I love mojaves, I would recognize one, even a poor quality one. The pastels get me some time, I have a hard time telling them from normals lots of times. But I still think this is a normal. I felt a little while ago near the vent. What am I feeling for exactly? I didn't feel any thing out of the ordinary. Or at lease nothing that stood out.

robin

I seriously don't think its a mojave. lol I love mojaves, I would recognize one, even a poor quality one. The pastels get me some time, I have a hard time telling them from normals lots of times. But I still think this is a normal. I felt a little while ago near the vent. What am I feeling for exactly? I didn't feel any thing out of the ordinary. Or at lease nothing that stood out.
you are actually feeling for the hemipenal bulges.

it's quite subtle but feel for a slight bulge or bump under the skin. russ says its generally around 3-4 scales past the vent. also russ says find someone who has a for sure female and for sure male to test on he says you can feel the difference. once you know what you are feeling for it's super easy

Neo.Reptiliac

Yeah thats a good suggestion. I will have to wait till I get a male and female that I know are male and female however. I don't know anyone locally that has ball pythons T.T
Till then I will stop trying to feel up my snake lol I'm sure it feels violated enough XD

eric

OREGON GECKO
When I was learning to sex I went to a large commercial pet store and practice popping on their balls! That doesn't sound very PG does it! LOL! :eek:

Neo.Reptiliac

When I was learning to sex I went to a large commercial pet store and practice popping on their balls! That doesn't sound very PG does it! LOL! :eek:

No... no dear it doesn't... lol but Its ok. My mind hasn't melted just yet XD

That's a good idea too. I just cant seem to think of one around here. ***** has some off and on but they don't know the gender of them and they are babies.

Boanerges

It is not a mojo but you have a really nice looking normal :main_thumbsup: If you happen to live in south Jersey I could probe it for you and tell you the sex...

Visit our friends