ODD LITTLE HATCHLING!!

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
This little one hatched yesterday. Parents are Super Snows.

This is her clutch mate. Looks entirely different!! I am guessing that the first one will probably be a very light Super Snow.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Wow cool! Any chance of albino in the first one? You'll have to keep us updated on their colors as they grow!
Thanks! Yes, she is albino. I had to do some Genetic 101, and I have discovered that in order to get this little one, her parents were both Super Snow het albino. I am talking with the breeder to find out which strain of albino. This is today's picture:

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Thanks! So far, this first time female has even me three healthy Super Snows, and one Super Snow Albino. And...I still have five fertile eggs in the incubator. Very happy!!!:main_laugh:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
IMG_0935.jpg
The little SS albino is 1 week today. She weighs 4 grams. Finally started to eat, and poop. Yeah!!!!:main_thumbsup:

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Super Snow Albino is 13 days old today, and weighs 7 grams. I was able to confirm this morning that she has dark ruby RED eyes!!!!

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Unbelievable!!!:D Another Super Snow Albino hatched this morning!!!! She is tiny, but doing great in her new tub.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Update on the first SSA. She is 7 weeks and already up to 19 grams. Solid color with no markings, and still the dark ruby red eyes.

LepoInc

Oh my word, Sally (This is Jared from LGF), I am loving these updates. It would be super neat if the SSA were different genders so you could breed them together. Those would be some gnarly babies. Maybe make a project out of it and add in some different traits if possible

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Thanks Jared!! I have another incubator coming, so that I can up temps, and get some males. I plan to hold one back just to see how it looks as an adult. They are beautiful light girls. I noticed that all seem to grow faster then their sibling Super Snows. My odds have been unbelievable...I have already hatched out three of them.

scm133

GULFCOASTGECKOS
Right now, I do not see any hint of a pattern. I have seen pictures of SS Tremper Albinos, and some do and some don't. May develop later....

Visit our friends