ok im on a roll but need help

mariex4

ok peope here i go again lol tell me to shut up if im annoying you hehehehe anyways .ive got my 4ft tank as you probley know and is devided into 2 parts im now thinking about deviding it again so i have more sections ie deviding it so i have 4 sections heres the size of my tank

47 inch long
18 inch high
15inch width

could i make 4x sections from this size and how much space do babys need and how much space would a 9 inch gecko need to live happy in a tank as i want to bring my big baby back down and no room in my livingroom for the 2ft tank hes in in the bedroom ,

also how could i heat the 4 sections i was told i could get a large heat mat and place in the middle like i have done now and the heat will heat the glass to each end if know what i mean lol ;) :)

sammer021486

With the dimensions you have provided, if you divide the tank into 4, you will have roughly 25 sq. inches less floor space in each divided tank than you would in a standard 10 gallon. But because you have such a high tank you can place another level in it and give your gecko plenty of room.

As for the younger geckos it depends on their size. Until mine are about 4" long they are kept in sterilite shoe box sized containers, then at 4" they are moved to 12x12x12 tanks, then once they are large enough in my opinion for a 10 gal they get moved to that.

If you can get it, purchase heat tape and use that to heat your tank

Neo.Reptiliac

I recomend the bean farm. Dont buy the foil tape they have there tho. Its a little pricey, you can go to the home depot to get foil tape for like $7 a roll compared to the bean farm's $19

mariex4

hi lol price dont understand as im from the uk sorry , ive looked for heat tape but cant seem to find it also im thinking of doing the floor with tiles how would the heat come throught that woud that be heat tape ?

sammer021486

hi lol price dont understand as im from the uk sorry , ive looked for heat tape but cant seem to find it also im thinking of doing the floor with tiles how would the heat come throught that woud that be heat tape ?

You can purchase a lucky reptile thermo mat strip. Its 115cm x 15cm which would stretch the whole back of your tank.

mariex4

ok people here what ive done i bought a large heat mat and put it in extra but there heat hide was going over 100 F and the air temp was kinda ok at around 77F and 80 but i took the heat mat out as thought the cave temp was bit to high or can it be , heres the pic of my tank now

Visit our friends