okay

Does it matter why someone reduced newly posted prices on a new web site?

• yes, it would make me curious why the reduction in pricing

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • no, it would not concern me why the prices are lower

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tangerineman

LizardThing Geckos
i really just want to ask some people their opinions and get some feedback, I have been concentrating so much on geckos, breeding and raising, (well moreso RAISING them) for the past 3 seasons in addition to my FT job, my PT job (sometimes 30hrs+) that I never concentrated on the sales part of breeding.

Basically, I want to lower my advertised prices to help reduce my collection down, I just recently lost my FT job, so I am concerned about being forced to change my address at some point in the next few months, OR acquiring a roommate situation which will greatly reduce my useable space, since i have a gecko rack (various sizes) in each of my three rooms of my apartment.
in addition to a 55gallon, a 30 gal, (2) 20 gal, and (2) 10 gallon tanks.

now that my site is fully operational, and i have some more time i am serious about the selling part...but I want to know how a reduction in prices is perceived by potential buyers...

I just don't want to say 'SALE' ...
I don't like the business aspect of gecko breeding I will say this up front- maintaining the site is hard work as is sending photos, correspondence by potential buyers, etc..takes a lot of time.

I like doing the work of raising, selecting geckos, caring for them, taking them out, making setups...

so this is the reason for my poll, i want to know if it's important to post WHY i am reducing prices on my site?
I may be thinking about this too much...lol

I have not officially sold any geckos from the new site launch (march 30th),
so it is not like i would make someone upset who had just bought a gecko and then had me reduce the prices, nothing to be concerned with there, I just want to start this off right, but I already have posted prices.

thanks everyone
Duane

tangerineman

LizardThing Geckos
i have no idea how many people have seen it so far,
analytics are not attached yet to the new site

Khrysty

yeah, I'd go ahead and change them without a word. If you have no customers, it won't matter. If it matters to someone who's been considering buying from you they'll probably shoot you an email and ask.

THE WHISPERER

If I saw a huge drop in price on one I'd be curious, but if I saw a few prices get dropped I would probably assume you were trying to make room for new stock. I wouldn't worry about it, and if someone asks then just let them know.:main_thumbsup:

Alusdra

Well... you worded it 'would I be curious', which is sort of like asking 'is the sky blue'. It wouldn't really matter, but I like knowing the why's behind things. I don't think people will notice if you just drop your prices and don't say anything. If you don't want to explain, you don't have to.

rubym

I think with the way the economy is right now, if someone had been looking and did notice the price drop then they would understand. Personally, if I saw the price drop on one that I had been looking at I would be too over joyed to question it,lol.

Visit our friends