One of my two geckos is doing something weird

Ajhw

So over the past ten years I have had three leopard geckos. I have never seen anything like this before. One of my geckos that I adopted over a month ago has started doing something really strange. The gecko that’s causing the issue is a three year old gecko and her sister of the same age from the same clutch doesn’t do this. She has been using both of her front legs to shed skin witch is normal but there’s no shed stuck on the fingers and she’s throwing powder all over the terrarium. Her sister doesn’t do this. Is this a cry for attention or is something worse going on. It’s a forty gallon tank so the space is fine for the two of them. I just can’t figure out why she is doing this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm going to guess that the place she has decided is the best for rubbing off her shed is right near the calcium dish (many people, by the way, don't put calcium dishes in the cage because they are concerned the gecko will get too much calcium). Try moving the dish and see what happens. She may also have decided that the dish is the place to use to remove the shed and may follow it wherever you put it.

Aliza

Ajhw

Thanks I’ll try this but I don’t see it going well she has no shed on her at all I think it’s an amusement thing at this point. But thank you nonetheless

Visit our friends