Outstanding Tangerine Amels

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
The male is an early 09' and the female is an '08, they both have bred for the past 2 years...The male has bred 9 females this breeding season and bred 5 last breeding season. The female has already laid 6 eggs this year and it looks like she will lay two more, she laid only 6 eggs last year. They have still not lost any color. Also the male has produced the brightest and best Tangerines i have ever seen. I sold all of their offspring before they completely colored up. I have one local customer (also a GF member - Johno305) who told me yesterday his little female het. Amel looks like a mandarin. I will post a picture of a male het. I sold to another GF member (TBowling).

'09 Male:
100_1707.jpg

'08 Female:
100_1709.jpg

Another Female Amel ('09) from another breeder (This is her first year breeding, and she has laid 8 eggs and still laying, and as you can she her orange coloration is already washing out, and its only her first breeding season) :
100_1711.jpg

The difference can clearly be seen between my founding Amel stock vs. the other female pictured.

Here is a picture of a male "Mandarin" het. Amel that I sold to TBowling. (This picture was taken before i shipped out the gecko with my iPhone) :
154645_469299120302_231629185302_6174718_5486419_njpg.jpg

I already have tons of eggs from this male incubating. I might put him in with 1 or 2 more normal females. I will be holding back most of his offspring to see how they color up. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for looking! :main_thumbsup:

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
That's our baby boy... His name is Dozer, as in "Bull Dozer" b/c of his housekeeping skills, he loves making soup in his water bowl, digging every bit of coconut fiber out of his humid hide, and he NEVER leaves the paper towels where they are supposed to be...but he's a handsome guy ;) Thanks Alex...I'm glad your still bragging about him :)

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
SPECTACULAR animals, Alex. I'm impressed with the amount of color that line seems to hold. Keep me in mind for a male if you have an extra one floating around at the end of the season. ;)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Thanks everyone! Here is a small update :) I have decided to pair the Mandarin Amel with an Aberrant female with some nice orange. I plan to hold back all the babies from this pairing because im sure it will produce some SMOKING geckos ;)

'08 Aberrant Female:
DSC_0050.jpg

@Ted I already got a couple of Stripe and Banded babies Amels (temp sexed male) sired by the Mandarin Amel male crossed to some really nice tangerine het. Amels. I want to see how they will color up first though ;) Ill have tons of Amels and hets early Spring 2011.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Thanks everyone! Here is a small update :) I have decided to pair the Mandarin Amel with an Aberrant female with some nice orange. I plan to hold back all the babies from this pairing because im sure it will produce some SMOKING geckos ;)

'08 Aberrant Female:
DSC_0050.jpg

@Ted I already got a couple of Stripe and Banded babies Amels (temp sexed male) sired by the Mandarin Amel male crossed to some really nice tangerine het. Amels. I want to see how they will color up first though ;) Ill have tons of Amels and hets early Spring 2011.

I think that pairing is going to produce some awesome fatties. Before you know it fattails are going to start rivaling leos for the "kings of orange" title.

Def let me know about one of his sons. Spring is sounding good to me, it's too freakin cold here to ship anything cold blooded right now anyways.:main_laugh:

BSM

very nice, looks like you got a nice amel group. their offspring look great

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
The offspring from our Original Male crossed into another breeders hets. are coming out nicely. We just hatched babies from our Original Male and Female, we are waiting for them to color up to snap some shots and see if temperature affects the color of the hatchling.

"Mandarin" Amel x het. Amel - I think its about give or take 2 months old.
010.jpg

latshki

Breeder in the making
that mandarine one looks like the first gecko I ever hatched, shes my baby, while on vacation the bator got unplugged and she was the only one
shes small but a looker
she has those same pattern on her bands like as if one is an "m" mark and another is a o with a / through it

very interesting

norin radd

The male is an early 09' and the female is an '08, they both have bred for the past 2 years...The male has bred 9 females this breeding season and bred 5 last breeding season. The female has already laid 6 eggs this year and it looks like she will lay two more, she laid only 6 eggs last year. They have still not lost any color. Also the male has produced the brightest and best Tangerines i have ever seen. I sold all of their offspring before they completely colored up. I have one local customer (also a GF member - Johno305) who told me yesterday his little female het. Amel looks like a mandarin. I will post a picture of a male het. I sold to another GF member (TBowling).

'09 Male:
100_1707.jpg

'08 Female:
100_1709.jpg

Another Female Amel ('09) from another breeder (This is her first year breeding, and she has laid 8 eggs and still laying, and as you can she her orange coloration is already washing out, and its only her first breeding season) :
100_1711.jpg

The difference can clearly be seen between my founding Amel stock vs. the other female pictured.

Here is a picture of a male "Mandarin" het. Amel that I sold to TBowling. (This picture was taken before i shipped out the gecko with my iPhone) :
154645_469299120302_231629185302_6174718_5486419_njpg.jpg

I already have tons of eggs from this male incubating. I might put him in with 1 or 2 more normal females. I will be holding back most of his offspring to see how they color up. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for looking! :main_thumbsup:
...i want this mandarin!!!

Visit our friends