Over calcified eggs? Do i need to help?

owsley

Hey there! First time crested breeder here, This is my females first clutch, her first 5 eggs of the clutch were 100% infertile (rotted and everything) But #6 looks perfect except for these bumps on the shell. To me it just appears l over calcified(you sometimes see this on chicken eggs) But not finding alot of info on it in cresteds. Damn near every picture i see of crested eggs are perfectly smooth! so it does worry me. From everything i can tell the baby is growing well and filling up the egg(can barly see through when candling) Pics show her other 4 eggs of clutch that i belive are fertile but still show some bumps.

But this is my big worry and what I'd really like some advice on.

As im writing this egg #6 is now on its 81st day. As stated above can hardly see though egg anymore,so i assume growth is on pace. Now i know theres been hatch times up to 120 days, so im not freaking out quite yet, but to me it seems like this egg would be harder to get out of than a regular smooth one. I know there alot out there that take the "let nature do its thing" approach. But this is my first "good" egg, I had to watch 5 rot..I really dont want to lose this one.!! So i guess my rambling question's are........... Should i worry? At what point IF AT ALL should i assit hatching? Are the bumps somthing other than over calcified? Any help would be great!!! Last pic is differnt egg but still showing some wierd patterns on egg

IMGA0002.jpg IMGA0007.jpg IMGA0006.jpg

Attachments

• IMGA0003.jpg
    IMGA0003.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMGA0010.jpg
    IMGA0010.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7

indyana

Visit our friends