Pac-Man frog not eating

Maddieh61902

I got my baby Pac-Man frog on March 24 of this year and she was a ferocious eater I fed her earth worms , crickets , Dubai roaches and super worms . She stopped eating about two months ago and hasn’t pooped, I’ve given her baths etc trying to get her to go . She is in a 20 gal long bioactive with lots of foliage and hides and plants . Indirect sunlight and has a heat mat on a thermostat set to 82 . She didn’t move for a long time but she recently started moving around a lot going in different holes she made but she somehow gained weight even after refusing to eat anything I offer , I offered pinkies but she shakes her head . She gained 3.5 ounces in 2 weeks and I have no idea how . She doesn’t look skinny at all , I’m just very concerned why she won’t eat it’s summer where I live in California and her tank stays at 60-80% humidity cold side temps are 73 degrees farenheight and hot side is 82 degrees I know this is gecko forums but i know some of you must have a Pac-Man .she is currently 107.4 grams 36DBBD9D-226B-4B21-A448-CEA7F468284D.jpeg 3C07E12D-9D2B-4138-9CC0-3DAD31E9AAAC.jpeg A97BA0FD-8FEE-487A-A4AA-A4237FDD8946.jpeg

ZNature

I have a Pac-Man frog and she also didn’t want to eat for about a month. It turns out she didn’t want to be tong fed anymore and she wanted to hunt the insect on her own. Crickets were her favorite because they move fast and she liked the challenge. If she hasn’t eaten yet you may want to see an exotic vet.

Maddieh61902

I have a Pac-Man frog and she also didn’t want to eat for about a month. It turns out she didn’t want to be tong fed anymore and she wanted to hunt the insect on her own. Crickets were her favorite because they move fast and she liked the challenge. If she hasn’t eaten yet you may want to see an exotic vet.
She has eaten now , I do let her hunt on her own I also give the option of tong feeding on occasion . She still hasn’t gone to the bathroom since May I might have to take her to a vet soon .

ZNature

She has eaten now , I do let her hunt on her own I also give the option of tong feeding on occasion . She still hasn’t gone to the bathroom since May I might have to take her to a vet soon .
This could be impaction. I’ve heard a warm bath with a drop of honey can help. But yes a vet may be needed soon.

Maddieh61902

This could be impaction. I’ve heard a warm bath with a drop of honey can help. But yes a vet may be needed soon.
Yea I’ve done that lol I’ve tried everything I can but the strange thing is I can’t feel anything in her when I touch her tummy maybe she’s hiding her poop?

ZNature

I think she may be pooping but you don’t see it? I know my Pac-Man frogs poop blends in very well with the substrate (eco earth and spaghnum moss).

Maddieh61902

Yeah I’ve never heard of that happening before. Very strange.
Me neither , never had problems like this with any of my animals before she was eating like crazy when I first got her as a baby and she still does and she acts normal and looks healthy but I haven’t found feces in months

ZNature

I also wanted to ask you what substrate you use for your pacman frog? I really want to go bioactive and put some ferns in her tank but I don’t know what substrate works best and if I should give her a drainage layer. I was thinking organic topsoil mixed with spaghnum moss and eco earth.

Visit our friends