Pesticides

ThatOnePossum

I wasn’t sure where to put this, and seeing as it’s somewhat related to enclosure decor I figured this’d be the place.
Is there any way to tell if an area’s been hit with pesticides other than asking? (This is public land, but near some private land, and of course there’s spraying for mosquitoes…)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think there's any way to know for sure unless you ask the authorities what's been done on the public land. What are you concerned about? Using objects or feeders from outside? The general air quality?

Aliza

ThatOnePossum

Items- mainly sticks and branches. I’d never use a feeder from outside/ that’s just asking for trouble! xD
Since I don’t really have access to wooded areas that I can ask about, I’m thinking maybe I could just take (dead) branches directly off trees?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
some people bake the branches they get from outside. I've used sticks and small branches from outside with no problem. You could always wash it well, maybe with hydrogen peroxide and then let it air dry in a safe place or bake it in the oven if it's small enough.

Aliza

ThatOnePossum

Alright, thanks. Unfortunately I’m gonna have two or three (probably two) branches that are too long for baking- my enclosure is kinda big.
Looks like it’s time to do some washing, since I’m paranoid! xD

Visit our friends