Pet stores

Awhile ago (which means months ago) I went to a pet store and I saw a tiny baby crested gecko that was paired with two long tailed lizards, now I don't have much confidence but I called a worker over to talk with them on how this was not acceptable because they have different needs and the crestie was so tiny he could easily be bullied by the much larger long tailed lizards
Keep in mind that this is a large chain pet store and even while I was discussing this with the workers they just kept telling me that they would keep an eye on it, which is bringing me to why I am actually talking about this now because I went to another pet store recently and I realized that the people who sell to that pet store don't take very good care of their geckos because a baby that was recently shipped there was pencil thin and me and my friend had to talk to a worker there to get him out of the tank in case he had MBD. I also had to talk with them about not keeping the gold skink who's tail was still healing on sand, luckily I was able to talk to a woman who seemed to take my criticism seriously instead of brushing me off and telling me they would just keep an eye on it
The whole point of me talking about this wasn't to bash the people at pet stores it was only get this story out there.

Visit our friends