Phoenix worms or dubia roaches?

GeckoGrace

I read somewhere that it is recommended to feed a hatchling phoenix worms and i would also be able to feed my adults with those. However, dubia roaches would be a good way to teach the hatchling to hunt by itself. Which is better?

kingkung

I read somewhere that it is recommended to feed a hatchling phoenix worms and i would also be able to feed my adults with those. However, dubia roaches would be a good way to teach the hatchling to hunt by itself. Which is better?
I have tried Phoenix worms in the past and my geckos did like them, but they are very small and you would needed a lot to feed multiple geckos. I have also tried dubia roaches and am still using them as a staple diet. Dubia roaches seem to be just as nutrious as Phoenix worms but you only need a few roaches per gecko per feeding, I breed my dubia roaches and after the initial setup, they require little care to start a small breeding colony. Also, I not sure which area you live in, but in my neck of the woods, Phoenix worms are not readily available, buy dubia roaches seem to be always available. Another plus about dubia roaches is that they can be fed as a staple diet to Leo's and they will thrive on a dubia diet and they don't make noise ,smell bad, or climb smooth surfaces like crickets. Hope my experience with dubia roaches and Phoenix worms helps. I am not an expert, but I've kept leopard geckos for about 3-4 years, so post anymore questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability. Enjoy your leopard geckos as they make great pets.[emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends