Photos: Gravid Female vs. Ovulating Female

JordanAng420

She might really hurt him. This actually happened to me once. I had a female put a hole in my raptors face. Quite literally, a hole. She'll definately want to be left alone and both geckos could become quite stressed.

robin

So what would happen if you didn't wait to put him in with her?

sometimes nothing happens, sometimes the females become aggressive to the males but most of the time the male will stress the female out. he bothers her by trying to mate and because of stress possible problems can arise.

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I guess that would explain why my two have always been in separate hides... I just put them together and figured they would do their thing. They don't bother each other, so wouldn't nature eventually take it's course, or did I mess up the time/love continueum?

Landen

LSReptiles
If they are housed individually and then introduced you'll have problems if she's not ready. If they've always been housed together then they're already used to each other. Nature will take it's course. But by seperating them and introducing while she's ready, the male is alot more time sensitive to getting the job done. If you seperate them now, cool their tanks a bit. Then in a few weeks warm them back up and wait to see if the female ovulates, if she does throw your male in with her and they'll have their reunion. Good luck!

Neo.Reptiliac

Ive noticed too that when a female gets close to time to lay her vent will look a bit different as well. Almost like she has a big pore on each side of the vent. Has anyone else noticed that?

dudders

Do leos have a cut off age to breed at? I've had a male for years and It has never seen another leo since I got him.

MandyGurl

My female is so wiggly I cant get her to sit still. She mated 1 week ago and I want to see if I can see anything. I tried to see her stomach and she jumped out of my hands (dont worry, I caught her) I worry about touching the tail too though.

Taquiq

JK Herp
Here is another ovulating female.
Ovulating.png

Last edited:

RadReptiles831

formerly rendogg
Joey What is it that you can see to know if she is ovulating ? I'm trying to pair mine and the female just keeps biting the male back. Sorry I only have internet on my blackberry so the pics are about 2 inches.

Last edited:

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
It's the faint pink spot in the middle of her belly. If you look at Joey's picture, the spot will be just to the right of the dark area. It's kind of a glow...

RadReptiles831

formerly rendogg
cool I think I can see it now. Thanks Joey and Kevin I'm gunna check on my female now hopefully she's ovulating. Do you guys know how often or how long she will be ovulating.

Spial15

youtube.com/spial15
Would cooling my female now beging her ovulating?
If so, how much and how long?

Visit our friends