Please help. (I.D.?)

Gecko0818

Hi,
I just got this little one for free from someone who didn’t want him. I was told he is a crested gecko, but upon further inspection, something doesn’t seem right. Is my baby a crested gecko or a gargoyle gecko? Also what morph does he look like?

Attachments

• 12060AB4-ADAF-4A30-9C0A-EA594CB804C0.jpeg
    12060AB4-ADAF-4A30-9C0A-EA594CB804C0.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 20

thesquidworm

Definitely a gargoyle! I just got a baby gargoyle a week ago, I can probably help you with any care questions as well ❤️
He looks to be a striped morph, likely black and white super stripe because I do not see any coloration besides the base coloring, and the stripes on that are very pronounced. Most breeders should know the difference between a crested and gargoyle gecko, he seems pretty healthy to me which is good because the misinformation could be a sign of unknowledgeable breeding. Super stripes are pretty rare but are becoming more popular, mine is likely a super stripe as well but has far more coloration and less base stripes. Black and white super stripes are beautiful! He is a beautiful baby
Here is a picture of mine, his name is Therin 4C2126B8-1B42-4B99-B71A-DE3CB6E8FACB.jpeg

Gecko0818

Thank you so much for all the information. I figured he wasn’t a crested gecko once I got her home. I guess I have some research to do. Btw your baby is beautiful

thesquidworm

Also my baby weighs 7 grams. Is there a way I can get a guess of her age based on her weight?
Since they grow depending on what they eat, I think that weight varies a lot even for older geckos. However, through research I have found that gargoyles begin to develops their signature bumps on their head at around 3 months. Because of this, and since mine displays this trait, I’d assume that yours is also at least three months old based on his head bumps.

Gecko0818

Since they grow depending on what they eat, I think that weight varies a lot even for older geckos. However, through research I have found that gargoyles begin to develops their signature bumps on their head at around 3 months. Because of this, and since mine displays this trait, I’d assume that yours is also at least three months old based on his head bumps.
Thank you, that helps a lot.

Visit our friends