Please help I think Leo gecko is blind.

samuel14047

Hi there I have already posted this I think but not showing up so here it is again hopefully this shows up

Hi everyone I have a leopard gecko about 9 months old it's eyes look absolutely fine but he acts like he caRnt see he is licking air licking walls constantly walking into walls and getting shocked when he does very rarely he eats out of bowl maybe every 20 days so I have to hand feed him.
Does this mean he's blind if so what special treatment to give him.
Ps this started happening about 3 months ago and when he trys to climb if I move something in his tank he will stick his claws up to climb when nothing there

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It is possible that he's blind. See what happens to his pupils if you shine a light on his eyes in a dim room. The pupils should be large in the dim room and will get smaller when the light shines on them. The good news is that a blind leopard gecko in captivity can do really well. Keep all his furniture in the same place so he learns his way around the cage. You may have to continue to hand feed him. I hand feed some of my geckos who can see but are just too clumsy to hunt well.

Aliza

Visit our friends