PLEASE HELP!! Mouth rot and now extreme scabbing on sides of mouth?

hopemanniing

My leopard gecko Ludo has been having some trouble shedding and has gotten mouth rot. She’s been on antibiotics, as well as having a chlorohexdine solution applied to her mouth daily. She finally shed and everything seemed perfectly healed and I get home today to see the sides of her mouth crusted up with huge scabs and dried blood. I don’t know what to do, or how it happened and I need advice I can’t speak to a vet until tomorrow and I’m freaking out. She’s 3 1/2 years old, she’s in a 20 gallon long tank currently on paper towels (she was on repticarpet), she has a big water dish, a under the tank heater, a 50w halogen light, she hasn’t eaten in 2 months but would normally eat mealworms and super worms, and she has a separate dish of calcium powder, and she has a moist hide. Please if someone could help me I’d greatly appreciate it I don’t want something happening to my baby. BC9853A6-8F73-441F-A28A-E161A8D2B282.jpeg CAB3828E-B674-44F9-B82F-7C86204A2856.jpeg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
That's super weird. Can you gently put something like neosporin on the outside of her mouth to keep it from getting infected? I've seen a beardie with something like this before but not a gecko. Should be easily treatable but def get her into a vet asap.

hopemanniing

That's super weird. Can you gently put something like neosporin on the outside of her mouth to keep it from getting infected? I've seen a beardie with something like this before but not a gecko. Should be easily treatable but def get her into a vet asap.
Extremely weird right!? I’ve never seen this before I saw people said to put honey on it cause I don’t have neosporin and she didn’t mind it. But when I put her solution I got from the vet on it she wasn’t enjoying that at all. I’m bringing her to the vet tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s nothing bad!!

She is a very pretty leopard gecko. She looked relaxed from the pictures, which shows you take good care of her. Hoping the vet goes well. Good luck! (Ps. Make sure all the temps and humidity are right so she can heal properly)

hopemanniing

She is a very pretty leopard gecko. She looked relaxed from the pictures, which shows you take good care of her. Hoping the vet goes well. Good luck! (Ps. Make sure all the temps and humidity are right so she can heal properly)
Thank you, I appreciate that. She’s like my child I love her dearly. I’ll post on update tomorrow just in case I need further opinions :)

Visit our friends