PLEASE HELP!

hdavidf309

Friendly herp enthusiast
Okay, so heres the thing......
I have given valuable info to someone whom I thought I could trust, and he took over my future breeding plans intentionally so that he can run me out of the breeding business. I keep BOTH locales of M. Chahoua (formerly Rhacodactylus Chahoua), Crested geckos, and Gargoyle geckos. They are all very good quality, although I will be trying to go in a different direction in order to "fix my problem". I was thinking of Australian geckos, but am open. Please be specific as possible...but please tell me-
WHAT DO YOU ALL WANT TO SEE MORE OF/DO YOU FEEL WOULD BE GREAT SPECIES' TO WORK WITH?
You can say as many or as little as you feel like. Thanks in advance!
Dave

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
My comments go in a different direction. I don't know the specifics of your situation (and don't really want to know much more), however, I feel strongly that any species, when healthy, good-looking specimens are produced by a breeder who takes the time to build up his/her reputation, can be a success for the breeder. It will not necessarily make the breeder a lot of money. I don't think, though, that there is a "magic species" that will make a breeder rich, or that if one thing doesn't work out, the breeder has ruined his/her chances.
By way of example, I regularly vend at shows with my "gecko partner", Matt (SelectGex on the forum here and the other Gecko Time editor). We have an overlap of species we both breed and often are selling very similar geckos at the same table. We check with each other to make sure there's no blatant conflict with our prices. Matt also produces and sells more species of rare and more expensive geckos than I do. We're both selling and both successful. I guess my point is for you to choose what you like and want to work with, produce the best geckos you can build up your reputation and go from there.

Aliza

Ghostoftangerine17

ヒョウモントカゲモドキ
The post sounds a little paranoid. I think that people can produce very similar creatures but if you have a customer base and produce high quality offspring you can compete in the market. I'm not sure how he can 'drive you out of business' unless he hacked your website and sabotaged any convention appearances you had.

I think the direction you should go in is making better friends.

Visit our friends